[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DHCP Crashing
 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:57:27 -0500
On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 13:40, Kay Konrad wrote:
> I have the same problem, but not only with m0n0wall.
>
> I have disabled the DHCP Server and using ISC DHCPd 3.0.1 on my Linux
> Fileserver, but there are the same problem, dhcp often dying :(
>
> I think that is a problem with the dhcpd Server.

Guys, I seriously doubt it.  I have an ISC DHCPd that serves just under
1100 cable modems and 1600 PC's behind those modems.  I has _never_
crashed, not even when I simultaneously reboot all cable modems at the
same time.  I'm on the dhcpd mailing list, and my network is miniature
compared to many of those guys' networks.  Many have 50K+ clients!

Care to post some logs?

--
Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>