[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 2004 18:45:24 -0400
On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:47:06 +0200, Vittore Zen <drzen at gamebox dot net> wrote:
> In data 25/09/04 13.02 Axel Eble ha scritto:
>

> Correct. IMAP isn't an authentication mechanism.
> But it is more usefull if you want to setup hotspot with low, low, low
> effort.

Read "if you're too lazy to do things the *right* way"

I agree with earlier posts - I wouldn't want to see the hack job of
turning a mail protocol into an authentication protocol included in
the distribution.  That would suggest this is an acceptable practice
for production, when I think anybody in their right mind wouldn't do
nor recommend this.

-Chris