[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:19:32 -0500
Just a quick point:  although not the case with IMAP, only one user can
access a POP3 mailbox at a time.  There is a great probability that
m0n0wall/network might hiccup, and lock the user's mailbox.  Or, the
customer just might happen to hit send/receive while m0n0 is logged in.

I have no need for it, but if it were me, I'd build a script to export
my mail users to a text file, and upload/scp to an ftp/https location.
Then have m0n0 run a script to import said file into m0n0's local
database.

Just my two cents.

--
Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com>