[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'Jeremy'" <Mr dot Jeremy at verizon dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] DHCP on opt1
 Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:56:22 -0400
I initially had problems not getting an IP from my OPT1 DHCP interface from
a wireless client. My problem was that I had enabled WEP (my only option on
my AP) and the client was not connecting to the AP. Once that was resolved,
I got an IP from my m0n0 and everything worked.

Are your wireless clients connecting to the AP? Try setting up the AP on the
LAN side just for testing...

Can you connect a wired client to the OPT1 interface on the m0n0 and get an
IP? It should be a separate subnet.

I think the only difference to your config is that I only have DHCP running
my Opt1 interface, not my LAN interface.

James W. McKeand