[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <baadpuppy at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Pay for a new function?
 Date:  Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:08:49 -0400
I think the general consensus is that separate ip subnets (broadcast
domains) should get separate ethernet collision domains.  Whether this
is done with multiple physical interfaces or by using VLANs is
immaterial.  Having this separation is more secure than not having it.

That's just my opinion.

I've been communicating with Dennis off-list about the problem he is
trying to solve and trying to come up with a different way of solving
it instead of using the "multinetting" solution.

jim