[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RADIUS client PHP
 Date:  Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:32:44 -0400
I used the same instructions with I setup RADIUS authentication on my PPTP
VPN - my IAS is on my SBS 2003 (I followed the AD instructions). For kicks,
I just ran threw the instructions on a stand-alone Windows 2003 server that
is not a member of my AD domain. Just a couple of details for the less
inexperienced in the crowd.

Create a local user group in Local Users and Groups (Right click on My
Computer -> Manage). Add local users to this local group.  (These are the

the individual users in the group.

If your IAS is not a member of a AD domain - the "Register Server in Active
Directory" will be grayed out.

When creating the RADIUS Client - use the IP of the m0n0. If the IAS is on
your LAN use the LAN IP of your m0n0.

When you go to enter the shared secret and you forgot what you put on the
m0n0 - look at your config.xml the secret is in clear text. (At least it is
with my PPTP VPN - should this be addressed?)

FYI, here is the direct link:
http://www.michael-i.com/files/projects/m0n0ad/index.php bypassing the m0n0
docbook.

Some times you have to point out the obvious.

James W. McKeand