[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RADIUS client PHP
 Date:  Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:34:27 -0400
According to the "help":
You can use IAS to create log files based on the authentication and
accounting requests received from access servers, and collect this
information in a central location. By setting up and using log files to
track authentication information, such as each connection accept and
connection reject, you can simplify administration of your service. You can
set up and use logs to track accounting information (such as logon and
logoff records) to maintain records for billing purposes.

You can select the following types of requests to log:

Accounting requests, including the following:
  - Accounting-on requests, which are sent by the access server to indicate
that it
    is online and ready to accept connections.
  - Accounting-off requests, which are sent by the access server to indicate
that it
    is going offline.
  - Accounting-start requests are sent by the access server (after the user
is accepted
    by the IAS server) to indicate the start of a user session.
  - Accounting-stop requests are sent by the access server to indicate the
end of a user
    session.
Authentication requests, including the following:
  - Authentication requests are sent by the access server on behalf of the
connecting user.
    These entries in the log contain only incoming attributes.
  - Authentication accepts and rejects, which are sent by IAS to the access
server,
    indicating whether the user should be accepted or rejected. These
entries contain only
    outgoing attributes.
  - Periodic status, which is used to obtain interim accounting requests
sent by some access
    servers during sessions.
  - Accounting-interim requests, which are sent periodically by the access
server during a
    user session. This type of request can be used when the
Acct-Interim-Interval RADIUS
    attribute is configured to support periodic requests in the remote
access profile on the
    IAS server.

There is more, but I don't want to copy a whole page from the "help".

I don't know RADIUS accounting, but it looks like a lot of stuff is
logged...

James W. McKeand