[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Mather" <barry dot mather at dorecentres dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] WIN32 Radius Server howto
 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:32:19 +1000
Its pretty straight forward

Get the software (just google radius200.exe and download from
multi-tech)
Install onto you win32 machine, I have it working on both winxp sp2, and
win2k3 server.

If you installed to a default location, open c:\program files\multi-tech
systems\radius server2.00

Open the users file with notepad

Remove all the users in there, I have the following line for a user

Username	Auth-Type = Local, Password = "userspassword"

The username is the 'username' in the line above is the actual username
you want to use.

The realms file can be empty

The radius program will create a my-users file based on the users file
you just edited, leave this alone

Dictionary file can be left as is

The clients file needs to be edited to include the ip address of the
m0n0wall, and the radius access password, my file looks like this :

172.16.1.1	password

That's it, v simple

No more files to edit.
It installs itself as a win32 service, just stop the service, restart
it, and it loads all the settings / users ..

Now enable the captive portal, telling it to use the ip address of the
win32 machine this radius server is installed on, and the password to
use, in this case password.

Make sure that your local win32 firewall is either not on, or is
allowing port 1812 through for radius !

And bob is your proverbial uncle, or aunt ... ;)

Cheers

Barry