[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  bryce at bonzoesc dot net
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Poor pings and webGUI responsiveness
 Date:  Wed, 29 Sep 2004 21:56:30 -0400 (EDT)
I run m0n0wall on an IBM Personal Computer 330 with a Pentium 166 CPU,
64MB of RAM, and two PCI network cards, a 10-Base-T card of unknown origin
on the red network, and a D-Link DFE 530tx on the green network.  As it
stands, I get a ping of over 300 to game servers, while a roommate on a
different outlet (dorm network) pings below 100 to the same server (uses
software firewall).  In addition, the webGUI frequently takes over 30
seconds to respond to a request.  Is this due to my poor-quality network
cards, the slow machine, or a possible issue with m0n0wall?

Thanks,

Bryce Kerley