[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David" <dingyz at szgwbn dot net dot cn>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Bug in m0n0wall 1.1? File Transfers/Downloads Stops.
 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:30:07 +0800
It's just my problem.My NICs is Intel 82551.

Re
Hello,

I have a encountered a Problem with the Generic-PC 1.1 Version. Everytime I
download a File from the Internet, the Transfer Stops round about 500
Kbytes. The connection to the server, from where I try to download the File,
seems to be still active, but there is no Download progress. The Internet
connection is also still alive. This Problem occurs only in my "Production"
environment. In my testing environment everything is running fine with the
same Image and Config.xml ! I've set the MTU size for the WAN connection to
1500 (default for cable Modem) The Version of m0n0wall I'm using is
customized for DiskOnChip Support. The Kernel has been compiled with FreeBSD
4.10 with all Patches applied.

In my production environment I'm running m0n0wall on:

CPU: Via C3 700 Mhz (686 Class CPU)

Ram: 256 MB

Storage: 32 MB DiskOnChip Module

Lan: Realtek 8139 Onboard

Wan: Intel Pro/100s / Cable Modem attached

In my testing environment I'm running m0n0wall on:

CPU: AMD K6-2 Mobile 333 Mhz (586 Class CPU)

Ram: 128 MB

Storage: 32 MB  DiskOnChip Module

Lan: Realtek 8139 Onboard

Wan: Intel Pro/100s / Cable Modem attached

Thanks in advance!

Gerrit