[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andreas Lindner" <andreas dot lindner at gmx dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Newbie problem
 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:45:21 +0200 (MEST)
Hello all,
I just installed the latest m0n0wall at my WRAP box to use it as firewall
between my DSL modem and my home LAN. I configured the WAN interface to
connect to my ISP with PPPoE. It seems this works fine - I'm able to ping
the ISP's name server from the m0n0 GUI. For all other setup sites (except
general setup) I left the default settings.
My problem is that I can't connect to the internet, I can't ping from LAN to
my ISP's name server. The firewall default rules should allow outgoing
connections. Is there anything other that I overlooked? Any ideas?

Thanks for help...

Andreas Lindner

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl