[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  'Peer Dicken' <peer at dicken dot name>, "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] CE sign
 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:32:02 +0100
Peer,

We looked into this a couple of months ago and found it to be quite complex.
Without prior CE marking, it is the importers responsibility to ensure
compliance, not the manufacturer.

While it seemed to us (in our non-expert opinion) that only the EMI
directive applies, we couldn't clarify whether the FCC certification the
WRAP has already attained is equivalent to the CE standard.

Pascal Dornier assured me that in his opinion the WRAP complies in full with
the CE standard (and I have no reason to doubt him) but we decided that the
investment in certification did not make business sense for the small volume
we initially intend to use. We are now using the Soekris net4xxx range which
are CE marked, I assume by Soekris themselves.

David

JET PRESS LIMITED
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HW
UK

Web:	www.jetpress.com
Tel:	+44-1623-551 800
Fax: 	+44-1623-551 175

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential.  The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JET PRESS LIMITED.