[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Axel Eble <axel dot eble at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Captive with IMAP
 Date:  Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:52:25 +0200
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:32:01 -0700, Josh <josh at nemesis dot net> wrote:
[...]
> If IMAP support isn't added - I would say LDAP and MySQL should be
> added..  But even with all 3, IMAP really seems more useful for a large
> number of scenarios.. Even if it's not really an authentication protocol.

*If* anything should be added, it should be LDAP. It's easy enough
since it's built into PHP. Granted, IMAP is as well, but as has been
said before: it's not an authentication protocol. And, really, there
aren't that many of those kind out there. Mainly RADIUS and LDAP.

As to MySQL - how should that work on an embedded system? Where would
you like to have the database?

> -josh

Axel

--

VoIP: 8002887 at sipgate dot de * cell: +49.178.285-3265