[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Michael Scheer <listen at autechre dot de>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Why CPU meter?
 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:02:32 +0200
On 30.09.2004 18:36 +0200, Michael Scheer wrote:

> In current Beta, on the entry index.php page, we have this CPU
> measurement thing, why? Isnt that useless? I'd guess it includes the

According to many begging users - no. It's a much better performance
indicator than the load averages.

> cpu amount of serving the index.php itself...

It's probably not too bad, because PHP is in a sleep(1) while the
stats are gathered. CPU usage seems to be more or less proportional
to the throughput on my net4501, with ~6% when idle. Instead of
making guesses, you're welcome to come up with a better method and
contribute your code though.

- Manuel