[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Fady Makar" <fady dot makar at mapds dot com dot au>
 To:  "'Chris Buechler'" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "'m0n0wall list'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Generic PC Version - m0n0 1.1b17 + snort
 Date:  Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:00:10 +1000
Hi Manuel,

Sorry to bother you and everyone else about this issue but Is this true
that the m0n0wall intention wasn't to have a feature such as this, I
would imagine that lots of people who are using M0n0wall are using it on
fast computers or least ones that can cope having Snort running even if
hogs resources, I am sure that M0n0Wall is perfect as it is and will be
even more perfect with your continued work and dedications on it with
the other developers and M0n0Wall team, I have been using M0n0Wall form
day 1 and are very impressed with it as I am running it on 3 different
networks and will be depolying the fourth in NZ very soon and would love
to be able to use snort with the new features and improvements of
M0n0Wall releases, is it possible that you make this wish come true and
it doesn't have to be in the next release or so but at least it gives me
hope that it will be in a future release some time. I don't wanna sound
like a nagging person here and I hope I didn't cause much headache to
anyone about this....

Cheers

Fady.