[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] bridge building
 Date:  Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:38:41 -0400
On 01 Oct 2004 09:19:44 +0200, kemal asad <kasadsyed at alicemail dot fr> wrote:
> I may be asking a stupid question so please forgive the ignorant that i
> am.
> i need to create a bridge over internet. i want all the traffic even
> broadcasts to be forwarded through the bridge to the otherside ( so from
> what i understand static route might not do it) . Can i do it with
> Monowall on both side of the bridge. if not please advise on any other
> solution. i currently have two soekriss 48xx . if yes, please let me
> know the iurl of any cookbook on the subject.

For that to even be remotely possible, you'll have to do more than
bridge.  An IPsec tunnel would make this a little closer to reality,
but that will just route between subnets, and will not forward
broadcasts (which is a really bad idea anyway).

What you're describing sounds unnecessary, like a really bad idea, and
I can't imagine any scenario to justify that horrid network design.

-Chris