[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lists <lists at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  <kwongp at midtown dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] OpenVPN
 Date:  Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:51:19 +0100
I don't know about the status of XP SP2.  The last beta had a lot
Windows-related bug fixes, so that may be one of them.  I don't have access
to an XP box this week, but will do tests using one next week and see what
happens.

I agree that OpenVPN in the codebase would be good but I must stress that this
will be for 1.2beta.  I am not sure of the timetable of the OpenVPN 2.0 beta
project - I hope they freeze the code soon.  One thing is for sure, I doubt
that Manuel will want to release 1.2 with a beta version of OpenVPN in it (I
would certainly recommend against doing that).  If we get a release version
of OpenVPN 2.0 before m0n0 1.2 then there should be no problem.

What I do need is to make up a list of features and prioritise these - any
feedback for what you would use OpenVPN for?

Cheers

Peter

On Friday 01 October 2004 17:18, Ping Kwong wrote:
> Does the current version of OpenVPN address the problems with Windows XP
> SP2 breaking the tap and tun?  That's great to hear that OpenVPN will be
> included in the codebase as opposed to an add-on.

believed to be clean.