[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Nokia IP110 problems
 Date:  Fri, 1 Oct 2004 17:49:47 -0400
I'm trying to get m0n0wall running on a Nokia IP110, and am
experiencing the MAC weirdness (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff MAC addresses)
described in this previous post:
http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=92&actionargs[]=03

I wrote the image to the hard drive, booted it up in the IP110 and
assigned the interfaces, shut it down, drive back into the laptop I'm
using to mess with this, mounted, config.xml edited with <spoofmac>
stuff added, then HD back into the IP110.

After booting up the IP110 with the changed config.xml, it is seeing
the spoofed MAC addresses.  But when I plug in the interfaces, I can't
talk to them.  If I try to ping the LAN IP or get to the webGUI, it
fails, but then if I check the ARP cache of the client machine, it has
the IP110 LAN interface's spoofed MAC address in its cache, associated
with the IP110 LAN IP address as it should be.

Am I missing something?  Appreciate any help anyone can offer.

-Chris