[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Adam Wilks" <adam dot wilks at weymouthwireless dot co dot uk>
 Subject:  ADSL Public IP on WAN Interface
 Date:  Sat, 2 Oct 2004 12:44:21 +0100
I have recently been experimenting with m0n0’s DynDns feature to update
one of my domains to always point at my ADSL lines public IP address. A
nice feature, but I have a problem…
Due the setup of my network I am unable to assign the public IP address
to the WAN interface on the m0n0wall box. Instead I have a DLink router
which is connected to the WAN interface via crossover and has a DMZ
configured to point at the m0n0. So in fact m0n0wall thinks my WAN
address is and updates the domain accordingly :(
Is there such a thing as an ADSL modem with an Ethernet port that
doesn’t use NAT? With such a device I could connect straight to m0n0 and
my WAN interface would pick up the ISP assigned public address. Forgive
me if these modems are more common than I believe just that a brief
search this morning turned up lots of Ethernet modems, all with NAT.
Does anyone know of a suitable ADSL modem? Or have any other