[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Routing problem, Can't get beyond ISP's net.
 Date:  Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:06:05 -0700
On Oct 1, 2004, at 10:09 PM, Christopher M. Iarocci wrote:

> Almost sounds as if your WAN gateway is missing, or wrong.

Thank you, and others who contacted me off-list, with this suggestion.
Yes, the WAN gateway address was wrong (there is a reason that I had it
wrong, but that reason is too tedious to go into).

However, when I use the correct address, I can't get beyond the m0n0 at
all.

But in the course of composing this message I've figured out the
problem!  I have the WAN side subnet mask all wrong.  (/31 instead of
/24.  I know how I made that mistake, but in retrospect there were
plenty of clues that I was making a mistake).

Thanks for everyone's help in dealing with my silliness.  As I get
better at this, I hope that I'll have the chance to return the favor to
some other newbie.

Cheers,

-j