[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Wilks" <adam dot wilks at weymouthwireless dot co dot uk>
 To:  "'Chris Bagnall'" <chris at minotaur dot cc>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ADSL Public IP on WAN Interface
 Date:  Sat, 2 Oct 2004 23:20:12 +0100
Thanks all for your responses.

I am considering some of the devices recommended by various people but I
believe I may have stumbled on another problem with the ADSL-Ethernet
bridge approach which would allow my m0n0 to have a public IP...

Would I be correct in assuming that any such implementation would
require my ISP to allow 2x IP addresses to be assigned, that is, one for
my bridge device and one for my m0n0?

The reason I mention this is that I currently use a DLink DSL-500 router
which has served me well up until my recent need for a more complex
network arrangement. The DSL-500 has the option to turn off NAT but in
doing so requires that the web-configuration be made "remotely
accessible" and thus still using the public IP address.

That ADSLNation modem looks like the business though... if this is
indeed transparent, offering the public IP straight up to the m0n0 WAN
interface, might I ask how PPPoA configuration is achieved? (i.e.
username/pw)

Cheers,

Adam.