[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam McNeill <adam dot mcneill at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Priotitizing packets
 Date:  Sat, 2 Oct 2004 18:58:16 -0700
I'm having some difficutly (possible with wrapping my head aroudn the
traffic shaper).

I do have it working, as it has an effect when I enable it.

I have played around with various configurations, and have it set to
limit priority based by using queues with higher and lower weights.
Basically, everything destin for or orginating from 1 IP I want to
have the lowest priority.

Currently, when enabled, it slows BitTorrents down to an absolute
crawl, as soon as it's turned off, it speedes right back up.

I currently have 4 Queues, 2 for download, 2 for upload, 1 set higher,
1 set lower.

I then have 4 rules, 1 for incoming, annd 1 for outgoing from the
source/dest IP, and one catch all for everything else.

What am I doing wrong?

--
Adam McNeill
http://www.rainlab.net