I have a couple of issues and questions. First, I am providing
internet access to some condominiums. I am giving IP's via DHCP
provided from the m0n0 LAN port.
However I will have to give public IPs to a couple of machines and have
8 IP's assigned to me (I don't have a routed subnet).
My IP's are xxx.xxx.176.88/24 to xxx.xxx.176.92/24.
mono (soekris 4501) is configured like this
OPT1 not configured
I would like to figure out the best way to
1) Provide NAT'd IP's ( think what I am doing is fine)
2) Provide public IP addresses to some customers (1:1 or snat?)
3) Be able to view the DSL Modem statistics by going to web
configuration page (192.168.1.1)
- DSL Modem is bridged, but can be reached via 192.168.1.1 on ethernet
4) What if anything should I use OPT1/DMZ for?
I don't provide any e-mail services etc. I just let my ISP provide all
of that. Most of the residents are students who have their own e-mail
addresses etc and have no need for another one. So all I need to do is
P.S. If anyone is curious, I am scrapping my 1.1/1.1 SDSL provider in
favor of ADSL. The SDSL has a nasty feature of getting very high ping
times when it is < 50% loaded. Pings will go to 200-400ms to the dsl
gateway even with traffic shaping. The ADSL 3/768 is slower upstream,
but I can pull or push near the max bandwidth and ping remain fairly