[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey at goldmark dot org>
 Subject:  Logging, NAT and implicit rules
 Date:  Sat, 2 Oct 2004 19:56:53 -0700
My m0n0 is logging as blocked everything that is going through via NAT.
  I am struggling to figure out why packets that are allowed and are
being passed (and NATed) are logged as blocked.

I realize that I could turn off "Log packets blocked by default rules",
but I do want to log incoming attempts to ports that aren't NATed.
Those would be blocked by an implicit rule, so I am afraid I would lose
that important information if I turned off the logging of default rule
blocks.  Also, I still fail to understand why things that are passed
are logged as blocked.

Any pointers to some enlightenment would be welcome.