[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stefano Del Corno <stefano dot delcorno at email dot it>
 To:  Jim Gifford <baadpuppy at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re[2]: [m0n0wall] Update no-ip.org DynDNS records ...
 Date:  Sun, 3 Oct 2004 07:24:34 +0200
Hello Jim,

Saturday, October 2, 2004, 5:20:49 PM, you wrote:

JG> The DynDNS client in m0n0wall doesn't support no-ip the last time I
JG> checked.  Your options are to either run the no-ip.org client behind
JG> the m0n0wall (which *does* work, even with NAT), or change to use
JG> another provider.  I opted for changing to use another provider, and
JG> let my no-ip.org names expire.

I did something similar .. I've registered a new domain on a supported
Dynamic DNS provider and changed all the old no-ip's domain not to be
an A record but instead to a CNAME pointing to the new domain.
In fact I -now- have a fixed IP address so it wasn't a real problem ..

ThX to everybody... :-)

-s-

--
Best regards,
 Stefano                            mailto:stefano dot delcorno at email dot it

 Sponsor:
 Acquista ora Email.it Phone Card e comincia a risparmiare sulle tue telefonate! Clicca e scopri
l'offerta
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2684&d=3-10