[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Frederick Page <fpage at thebetteros dot oche dot de>, Stefan Thuering <stefan dot thuering at freesurf dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.2beta wrap instability
 Date:  Sun, 03 Oct 2004 19:14:54 +0200
On 03.10.2004 17:03 +0200, Frederick Page wrote:

>> Has any experienced any instability with 1.2beta on a 3 port warp
>> board? - had 1.1 running for almost a month
>> - firmware upload 1.2beta
>> - after 1 or 2 days I had to power off the board (happened twice)
>> - went back to 1.1... no problems at all
>
> I have a Soekris net4801 and experienced similiar problems. After a
> while the traffic slowed down. Had no sense in
> playing/experimenting, so I just went back to 1.1 and everything
> was fine again.

To all those who experience this problem - if you don't want it to
make its way into the next major release, please do try to find out
its cause (status.php if possible, does the unit respond on the
serial console?, ping, ...). I can't reproduce it, so unless somebody
provides information that helps us track down the reason, it's
probably not going to be fixed.

- Manuel