[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] differences in images
 Date:  Sun, 3 Oct 2004 17:44:24 -0400
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 14:09:20 -0400, Matt Juszczak <matt at atopia dot net> wrote:
> What are the differences between the soekris4x01 image and the
> generic-pc image?

Just the kernel config, AFAIK.

Generic-pc uses M0N0WALL_GENERIC, 45xx uses M0N0WALL_45XX, 48xx uses
M0N0WALL_48XX.

Config files can be downloaded here:  http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads/

> I've made changes to the generic-pc image but now we
> are moving to soekris boxes.  Should I just use the generic-pc image on
> the soekris box?  Or should I apply my changes to the soekris image
> before moving it over?

There are some kernel differences, so don't use the generic-pc on
Soekris.  Make your changes to the appropriate Soekris image and use
that.

-Chris