[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  K <sfpdswat at yahoo dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, Mikael Nalle Jansson <mikael dot jansson2 at comhem dot se>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems white m0n0wall 1.1 Getting Watchdog tme out
 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 2004 02:15:11 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

When I didn't plug in the Ethernet cable on LAN
interface, I get the same error message as well
(watchdog timeout on LAN).

So you better check the following:

1. Are your WAN devices working?
a) is your DSL/Cable modem on?
b) did you use the right cable? (most current
DSL/Cable modem uses Patch cable since they have an
MDI/MDI-X auto port, but some older modems might need
to use a crossover cable)

Try to rule out problem 1. by hooking up the WAN
devices directly to your PC.

2. Is your Ethernet card... the one that you choice
for WAN interface.. working alright?

Try to rule out that possibility by installing a
FreeBSD and see if you can bring up that WAN Ethernet
card.

And like Chris have said, try go into BIOS and set
"Plug and Play OS" to things like 'enable' or 'Yes'.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail