[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'Marco Bottacin'" <m0n0 at westdam dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] VPN QUESTION : IPSEC CLIENT
 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:00:26 -0400
The page below describes using the local Security Settings in Windows 2000
(secpol.msc) for a ZyWALL firewall. The page goes through a lot of junk on
how to "Create a custom MMC console" which they never tell you to use...
This is as close to a "embedded client" as you will find. The page also
cites some Microsoft pages on IPSEC and Windows 2000. AFAIK, the theory is
similar to what you can find with XP.

*WARNING* I had tried something similar before the SonicWALL VPN client
supported XP. Key word is tried - I could not get it to work. When SonicWall
upgraded to a newer version of the SafeNet client that supported XP a couple
of weeks later, I gave up in secpol.

This is *NOT* for the faint hearted. If someone is able to get this to work,
please share with the group.

Here is the Link:
http://www.zyxel.com/support/supportnote/zywall10_50_100/app/zw_w2k.htm

James W. McKeand