[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Stuart Lester" <slester at gol dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  I want my CNN. Monowall doesn't let me!
 Date:  Tue, 5 Oct 2004 00:12:02 +0900
Hello,

This is my first post to this list, I am a mono-newbie, (a mewbie).

I just installed monowall 1.1 on a WRAP.

I have two PCs on LAN using monowall to access the Internet via PPPoE using
optical fibre with modem
So far so good, websites work, PPTP works, FTP, mail all fine and
then...........CNN
I try to access www.cnn.com, and can't. Browser displays error page

I discover that if I either:

a)       Set MTU to 1414 in the WAN screen
or
b)       Set the Allow fragmented packets option on the firewall rule

It seems to work.

Which is the preferred method (a) or (b) to fix the problem and why does
this happen only to CNN (it appears).
Does CNN have so much news that their packets are to big?
It is not a client problem as PCs worked previously and it is reproducible.
I have never seen this problem before.
Any advice gratefully accepted

Thanks & Best Regards

stu