[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "'Marco Bottacin'" <m0n0 at westdam dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] restore a conf from floppy
 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:18:15 -0400
I don't think it has to be in a specific sector. On the only floppy I can
find that I have used with a CD version (I use a Soekris 4501 now...) the
config.xml is in a directory named "CONF" in the root of the floppy. (i.e.
A:\CONF\config.xml). I think this floppy was used with a 1.0 CD version. I
do not know if the directory is required or has changed with 1.1 or later.

Is the floppy drive in the m0n0 functioning? Try to boot from a
dos/Win9x/Linux/etc bootable floppy. Clean the drive with a blast of air,
dust does nasty things to floppies. Check the "write protect" tab on the
floppy.

Hope this helps.

James W. McKeand