[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat dot nospamplease at gmx dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Re[2]: [m0n0wall] Update no-ip.org DynDNS records ...
 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:43:22 -0400
On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:34:52 +0200, Malte S. Stretz
<msquadrat dot nospamplease at gmx dot net> wrote:
> On Sunday 03 October 2004 18:52 CET gramels wrote:
> > http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=ElevenTwo
> >
> > might help
>
> Hmmm...
> | m0n0wall updates the dynamic hostname of the external interface with the
> | program ez-ipupdate which is lightweight and does it's job. However, it
> | ist not capable of updating more than one hostname  [...]
>
> On Debian it is possible to update more than one dynamic IP with the
> ez-ipupdate init script -- it simply looks for several config files
> in /etc/ez-ipupdate.  Each one triggers its own instance of the executable,
> each with its own PID and cache files.  With a bit of hacking it should be
> possible to do this with m0n0, too.

That should probably say "as implemented in m0n0wall, it is not
capable of updating more than one hostname".  I just committed that to
the Users Guide last night, I'll review it later and change it.

I know for a fact if you set up multiple config files, and run
multiple instances of ez-ipupdate, it will update multiple hostnames.
I've done it on FreeBSD (not m0n0wall) before.

-Chris