[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ziekke <ziekke at ziekke dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Only allowing certain MAC to use IP?
 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:57:53 -0400
I appreciate your response, but I dont think it was quite what I was looking
for.

What I want to do is have my DHCP server open to anyone who wishes to use it (it
is a wireless interface), but specify a range IP address that is only usable by
certain MAC IDs.

I do not wish to deny unknown clients from my DHCP server, I want to deny
everyone but a specific MAC access to an IP address.

It might help to explain the sitation.
My OPT1 interface has an IP address block of 192.168.8.0/27

IP address 192.168.8.1 is gateway, and 192.168.8.2-4 are reserved IP addresses.
I am allowing 192.168.8.5-30 for WiFi DHCP clients.

I want to allow 192.168.8.2-4 more privileges than the other IP addresses.
However simply removing them from the DHCP pool won't stop people from simply
assigning them statically and using them that way.

This is what I wish to accomplish.

Quoting Adrian Padilla <Adrianp918 at majesticsoundsonline dot com>:

> Yes there is a section under Dhcp called Deny unknown clients, when hat is
> checked you will have to add the rule to the section to the bottom of that
> page and add only the mac address you specify
>
> Hope this helped you out

// Ziekke