[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Josh McAllister" <josh at bluehornet dot com>
 To:  "Chuck Mariotti" <cmariotti at hr dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] F5 Load Balancer....
 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:06:47 -0700
Go with the F5, you won't be sorry. I've picked up a pair of Big/IPs off
ebay for under 3K. We eventually paid for recertification and
maintenance which cost around 12K, but ended up with about $40k worth of
gear for a total of $15K and have all the benefits we would have had we
purchased from F5. (Including hardware replacement).

These things are ROCK solid, and are the one piece in our environment I
never worry about... and a trained monkey could administer them.

Josh McAllister