[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature Request PPPoE-Uptime
 Date:  Tue, 05 Oct 2004 00:34:50 +0200
Am Do, den 30.09.2004 schrieb gramels um 16:18:
> it would be also good to have the ability to enforce a disconnect at a
> certain time (also for german dsl user)
A forced diconnect is only possible after a defined timeout. We have to
set/change these parameters in /var/etc/mpd.conf:

set iface disable on-demand	# change to "enable on-demand"
set iface idle 0		# set a reasonable timeout

No great problem, I think. I'll have a look at the PHP-code and maybe
there will be a solution in the next beta version; of course, only if
Manuel says yes to it. But since there is a similiar entry in his TODO
list, we have a good chance.

> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:13:34 +0200, Bert  Mittelstedt
> <mittelstedt at ferrari dash electronic dot de> wrote:

> > for me as german m0n0 user it would be a nice feature to see the uptime
> > of my PPPoE-Connection. Its because normal(normal in Germany) DSL will
> > be cut after 24 hours. For now it's only possible to find out the uptime
> > if you view the logfiles. So it would be nice to see it on the interface
> > or System-Status-Page. Sometimes you need to know when it will be cut
> > off next time.

Maybe there is a chance to implement it on the interface status page.
There a two commands: "mpd show iface "and "mpd show link". Maybe
something useful in it.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           >Ever heard of .cshrc? That's a
 Peter Allgeyer |           city in Bosnia. Right? (Discussion in