[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin Backus <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  Ziekke <ziekke at ziekke dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Only allowing certain MAC to use IP?
 Date:  Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:49:07 -0400
Sounds like what you want is a static reservation.  1 IP, 1 MAC.  No
ranges.  From the client side it is treated as DHCP in that you can push
all the DNS, gateway, etc., info with it.  The difference is that MAC will
never receive a different IP, and no one else will ever receive that IP.

Melvin Backus
Principal Wizard
Sleepy Dragon Enterprises
www.sleepydragon.net