[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ziekke <ziekke at ziekke dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Only allowing certain MAC to use IP?
 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:52:59 -0400
I must have missed your response.
I have set the persistent DHCP address, however I am not sure I know how to set
a static ARP entry. Will I need to do this through the exec.php or is there
somewhere in the WebGUI where I can accomplish this? The only entries in google
for 'm0n0wall "static arp"' are someone who mailed the list asking if it was
possible to add.

Thanks for both of your assistance thus far!

Quoting Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>:

> On Mon,  4 Oct 2004 11:57:53 -0400, Ziekke <ziekke at ziekke dot net> wrote:
> > I appreciate your response, but I dont think it was quite what I was
> looking
> > for.
> >
> > What I want to do is have my DHCP server open to anyone who wishes to use
> it (it
> > is a wireless interface), but specify a range IP address that is only
> usable by
> > certain MAC IDs.
> >

> For hosts that use DHCP, you'll have to do exactly what he described
> to add a DHCP reservation.  That way that MAC address will be assured
> the IP you desire.  Just don't check the "deny unknown" box.  For
> static IP's, use a static ARP entry as I described before.
>
> -Chris

// Ziekke