[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ziekke <ziekke at ziekke dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Only allowing certain MAC to use IP?
 Date:  Tue, 5 Oct 2004 00:44:13 -0400
Excellent. Thanks again, I really must have missed that one.

I'll give that a try and throw the shellcmd in my XML.

There is no sense blocking communication between my reserved IP address and the
rest of the subnet as the network is an open wireless network and all it would
take is kismet to see my MAC/IP address floating around.

The other thing, I have radius accounting on and the m0n0wall syslog directed at
a box I have receiving the filter and dhcpd logs. I could simply set up some
sort of watcher that looks out for an entry in the log for my IP address with a
different MAC and have it e-mail me should that happen. Then I can take action
from there.

I'm doing everything I can to make use of all the fancy little features m0n0wall
has to provide, and I must say it is great fun learning all this new stuff
(RADIUS, syslog-ng filtering), haha.

Quoting Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>:

> On Mon,  4 Oct 2004 23:52:59 -0400, Ziekke <ziekke at ziekke dot net> wrote:
> > I must have missed your response.
> > I have set the persistent DHCP address, however I am not sure I know how to
> set
> > a static ARP entry. Will I need to do this through the exec.php or is there
> > somewhere in the WebGUI where I can accomplish this? The only entries in
> google
> > for 'm0n0wall "static arp"' are someone who mailed the list asking if it
> was
> > possible to add.
> >
> > Thanks for both of your assistance thus far!
> >

> here is what I posted earlier today that I referenced
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/?action=show_msg&actionargs[]=96&actionargs[]=01
>
> -Chris

// Ziekke