[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jari Puhakka" <jari dot puh at nbl dot fi>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Another use for Captive Portal?
 Date:  Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:07:42 +0300
Hi,

I got an idea to use captive portal as a notice page. If the WAN is down and
operator is trying to fix it (hopefully) I could turn on the captive portal
to announce that the problem is at operators end not in users computer or
our lan. So there would not be 20 people calling me and asking whats wrong.

It would be nice to have it automated with ping or similar. But I think it's
not in the area of m0n0wall. Have enjoyed to use it, and thanks to all
contributors for making it better.

Jari