[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent Fleuranceau <vincent at bikost dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature Request PPPoE-Uptime
 Date:  Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:00:57 +0200
-------- Original Message --------

> Am Do, den 30.09.2004 schrieb gramels um 16:18:
>
>>it would be also good to have the ability to enforce a disconnect at a
>>certain time (also for german dsl user)
>
> A forced diconnect is only possible after a defined timeout. We have to
> set/change these parameters in /var/etc/mpd.conf:
>
> set iface disable on-demand	# change to "enable on-demand"
> set iface idle 0		# set a reasonable timeout

A better approach would be to *schedule* the disconnect -> connect
procedure.

I have the same problem with my DSL provider in France. Their PPPoE
session lasts 7 days, no more. So it would be very convenient to plan
the release of the PPPoE session, say on every Sunday at 4:00 AM.

As I use m0n0wall for my VPN tunnels, I'm sure the PPPoE session won't
expire in the middle of the week because of a power loss had
"programmed" it 7 days ago...

For the moment, I do it with curl (on a 24/7 running server) calling the
reboot.php page, but that's not so clean :-(

I just see one solution: a cron daemon in m0n0wall. I've already asked
Manuel and this topic has already been discussed on the list.

To be continued...

-- Vincent