[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Axel Eble <axel dot eble at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] CPU statistics
 Date:  Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:48:13 +0200
On 05.10.2004 10:59 +0200, Axel Eble wrote:

> Can you elaborate a bit more? I'm not sure I understand that
> comment.

Well, people are used to CPU usage figures in %, not the "number of
jobs in the run queue" where you can't say in general what a "good"
value is. Besides, it's doubtful how much the load averages say on a
system in which most of the CPU time is spent doing packet filtering
and network I/O on interrupts in the kernel.

- Manuel