[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Josh <josh at nemesis dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] CPU statistics
 Date:  Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:58:41 -0700
>> I wish I had my standard *nix load average numbers back........
> [zap!]
> No, sorry. The load averages are even worse (with most of the CPU
> time spent on an average m0n0wall system being interrupt time).

*Nod* - not very useful for me...

But if you really need to see them just go to /exec.php on your
m0n0 and run 'top' or 'w' or 'uptime' or whatever turns you on :)

Oh - and to make a partial answer to what Manuel means here is
that load (if I remember right) has to do with processes waiting
for CPU cycles - while on m0n0 most of the CPU usage is being
used just by simple things done in the kernel.  IE - pulling
data from a network interface when an interrupt (IRQ) comes in,
moving the data between buffers, maybe doing NAT and a new CRC
computation, and sticking it out another interface.  Not sure
if the VPN stuff m0n0 uses is in the kernel or not.

-j