[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  William Arlofski <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Configuration Save filename
 Date:  Tue, 05 Oct 2004 15:13:39 -0400
Just a minor feature request:

On the backup/restore page, when clicking the Download configuration
buttun, the name is always config.xml.

When managing more than one m0n0wall, there is a chance that a good
config of one system might be accidentally overwritten with the config
of another.

It would be a nice feature for this button to hand you a filename that
relates to the m0n0wall you are working on.

For example, if the m0n0wall's name was firewall.mydomain.com, the file
sent could be one of:

firewall.xml
firewall-yyyymmdd.xml
firewall.mydomain.com.xml
firewall.mydomain.com-yyyymmdd.xml

I especially like the dating feature since I usually save the config.xml
files with similar timestamps and having something like this already
done would prevent simple typing errors.

Thanks for listening, and thanks for such an excellent product/project.

Bill Arlofski
waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com