[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Curran <lists at closeconsultants dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0 as a VPN concentrator
 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:31:15 +0100
Does anybody have any experience of using m0n0 as a pure VPN concentrator?

A client has a requirement to have a m0n0 connected behind an existing router/
firewall via a single ethernet interface.  Basically its sole function is to
act as an IPsec VPN concentrator.  Packets to remote destinations would be
routed to the m0n0, which would then hopefully put them into an ESP tunnel
(that then goes out of the same interface they came in on) and exits the
network via the router/firewall.

I can visualise how this works in theory, but I cannot test the theory at the
moment as I don't have access to my kit this week.

Has anybody done anything like this already?  Any particular problems? Or , is
there a hole in my theory that makes it not possible/practical.

Thanks

Peter Curran

believed to be clean.