[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Richard Parvass" <Richard dot Parvass at aaland dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WRAP board temperature and power
 Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:52:15 +0100
Hi all

Before I approach PCEngines with this, I wonder if anyone else has
similar issues?

I have a WRAP 1D, the three port version. I could not get it to power up
at 9v (the specs say 7v minimum), and the only other supply I had was a
14V 800mA one, which after a week it's killed - I thought it only
required around 450mA!! The other issue is the amount of heat generated
- the aluminium housing they supply was almost too hot to touch: I
reckon 50C in the cooler parts to 70C at the hotter parts.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Richard

The information in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee and
others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on its contents
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The opinions expressed in this message are that of the sender and not
necessarily those of Aaland Limited. If you have received this e-mail in
error please notify postmaster at aaland dot co dot uk