[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Feature Request PPPoE-Uptime
 Date:  Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:56:53 +0200
Am Di, den 05.10.2004 schrieb gramels um 18:09:
> I guess that would also terminate pptp connections which might be
> unhandy in some setups (I don't have to disconnect all my wireless vpn
> users to my internal network only because of a reset of th internet
> link).

I don't think that this is a reasonable scenario for dial on demand or
even for manually dialing. The main problem is (here in Germany) that
there are a lot of DSL-providers which do accounting based on time, not
on traffic. So the purpose is to minimize online time.

> More granularity than a kill -9 is allways apreciated (gell axel ;) )
So it is. I will make the dial on demand only an option, not mandatory.
And again, if anybody wants to have manually dialing, he is free to
implement this by his own.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           If you want your program to be readable,
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     consider supplying the argument.  -- Larry