[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kevin Latimer <klatimer at tolent dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RADIUS attributes and PPTP
 Date:  Wed, 06 Oct 2004 13:31:04 +0100
'lo all.

Been playing with m0n0wall for a few months now and we've finally gotten
to a point where we've ditched our dialups so we can migrate from
Smoothwall to m0n0wall.  One of the features I've been playing with in
particular is the PPTP server.  We currently have a poptop box doing
that job but I want to distribute the users across the various offices
using the m0n0walls I intend to put in.

In a related project, I'm building a centralised user management
database and exposing the relevant bits via. freeradius and I want to
use this to authenticate everyone against.  Now the m0n0 -> RADIUS bit
authenticates fine, but it seems to be discarding most of the attributes
the freeradius box is giving it, most importantly the DNS servers
(MS-PRIMARY-DNS etc.) which makes name resolution a bit problematic.

I'm not going to be able to make a manual changes on every users dialin
so I'm kinda hoping someone else has had a go at this and I've just not
spotted it in the archives.

Thanks for any ideas (an m0n0 in general...)

Kev