[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  William Arlofski <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WRAP board temperature and power
 Date:  Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:43:21 -0400
Richard, I was speaking with Beverly (I think) at Wisp Routers. She
explained to me that 1D boards had a problem with some resistors. So
when they got a recent shipment, they were replacing the resitors
on-site rather than sending the boards back to PC Engines to be repaired
(to save product turnaround time)

Perhaps you have a version of the board with faulty resistors?  If you
purchased your WRAPS from PC Engines, I'd say it is worth calling them
and asking about this.

Richard Parvass wrote:
| Hi all
|
| Before I approach PCEngines with this, I wonder if anyone else has
| similar issues?
|
| I have a WRAP 1D, the three port version. I could not get it to power up
| at 9v (the specs say 7v minimum), and the only other supply I had was a
| 14V 800mA one, which after a week it's killed - I thought it only
| required around 450mA!! The other issue is the amount of heat generated
| - the aluminium housing they supply was almost too hot to touch: I
| reckon 50C in the cooler parts to 70C at the hotter parts.
|
| Does anyone have a similar experience?
|
| Richard

- -
Bill Arlofski