[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  German dot Martin at RSES dot rohde dash schwarz dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  No connection from WAN interface to LAN
 Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:41:42 +0200
Hello all,

I'm a new user of m0n0wall, it seems a great firewall and reasonabily easy
to configure but I have a big problem. I've already read the documentation
and FAQs and have not found any solution.

I have two networks: the first one (10.1.0.0/24, WAN interface) has access
to the Internet through a NAT enabled router, the second subnet
(192.168.116.0/24, LAN interface) has connection to Internet through a
m0n0wall machine. I have redirected some ports in the router to machines in
the second network.

PC's in the second subnet have no problem accessing the Internet but it
seems that m0n0wall blocks all connections from the WAN interface,even if I
only define an "all open" rule in the WAN interface. I could use NAT
between both networks but I don't want to do that since both have private
adresses.

Is what I'm trying to do currently possible with m0n0wall? If so, what an I
doing wrong?

Thank you in advance,