[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Horst dot Ritter at mach dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  HowTo NAT private IP to public IP before going through VPN
 Date:  Wed, 6 Oct 2004 19:02:08 +0200
Dear Community,

I checked already the documentation, but the section NAT doesn't provide
any information. So let me ask my question here...

I have to do FTP (vice versa) from an internal LAN which is using private
IPs through a VPN tunnel. According to network policies the other network
permits only public IPs. Unfortunately, I am not so familiar with the
various NAT capabilities provided by m0n0wall. Therefore, I would like to
know how to configure NAT for the private IP's (coming from LAN-Interface)
to public IP's which are going through the VPN tunnel.

I would be grateful for any hint or solution.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Horst